The 2018 Toyota RAV4 Adventure has suspension, interior, mechanical and trim upgrades which are meant to make it a more adventure-ready vehicle. Introduced at the 2017 Chicago Auto Show, the 2018 Toyota RAV4 Adventure took center stage at the Toyota pavilion. The focus of the debut was to emphasize outdoor adventure.
Currently one of the best selling vehicles in its segment, the 2018 Toyota RAV4 Adventure is lifted about one inch, it has an limited-slip front differential (for front-wheel drive versions) or with Dynamic Torque Control all-wheel-drive (AWD). An upgraded cooling system is standard as part of the “Tow Prep Package” that includes an upgraded radiator and additional engine oil along with transmission-fluid coolers. This will allow for up to 3,500 lbs towing.
Exterior styling features exclusive to the RAV4 Adventure includes:
- Large overfender flares
- 18-inch five-spoke black alloy wheels with 235/55R18 tires
- Lower body guards
- Black headlight bezels
- Black fog lamp surround, roof racks and Adventure badging
- The RAV4 Adventure will be available in five exterior colors including Black, Magnetic Gray
- Metallic, Silver Sky Metallic, Super White, and one new color for RAV4 models, Ruby Flare Pearl.
The interior features include:
- Unique interior trim panels
- Leather-wrapped shift knob
- 120V/100W power outlet in the cargo area
- Adventure door sill protectors
- All-weather mats floor and cargo mats with Adventure logo
“Additional features new for 2018 in select RAV4 models include optional heat/power fabric front row seats, heated steering wheel, and wiper de-icer as part of a new Cold Weather Package.” and
“As with all RAV4 models, the Adventure grade will come standard with Trailer Sway Control (TSC), Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC), and TSS-P.” – – Toyota USA
The 2018 RAV4 Adventure lands in dealer showrooms in September.
Here’s the live debut video (along with the updated Toyota Sequoia and Toyota Tundra) captured on TFLnow on YouTube!