Christmas is coming early this year to lucky buyers of the limited-run Dodge Challenger SRT Demon.
3,300 hard-core Dodge enthusiasts and collectors will be getting the keys to their limited production 840-horsepower Challenger SRT Demon very soon. This week, the fire-breathing muscle car begins shipping from FCA’s Brampton, Ontario assembly plant.
It screams like a banshee and flies like a bat out of you know where. The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is not only the most powerful production car ever made, it also lays claim as the world’s fastest quarter-mile production car.
The SRT Demon is the most powerful American production car ever made. It has a modified version of the 6.2-liter supercharged V8 used in the SRT Hellcat, which spits out a monstrous 808 horsepower and 717 lb-ft torque on 91 octane fuel. For even more tire roasting power, open the Demon Crate tool and parts kit and install the special engine control module that pushes the power up to 840 hp and 770 lb-ft of twist on 100 octane race fuel.
To achieve a sub-10-second quarter-mile, the SRT team trimmed 232 pounds. Parts deemed unnecessary for racing, such as the passenger and rear bench seats, spare tire, and carpet were jettisoned. Lightweight suspension parts and smaller brakes were swapped in to improve the power-to-weight ratio. The results speak for themselves: Quarter-mile elapsed times of 9.96 seconds on premium gas and 9.65 seconds on race gas under ideal conditions and on a pair of skinny front-runner tires.
Accessories exclusive to the SRT Demon, which add to the car’s collectability:
- Each Dodge Challenger SRT Demon comes with a collectible leather-bound track tech manual written by the editors of Hot Rod magazine
- Demon Authentication Package, available at a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $1, includes a carbon-fiber Certicard, as well as individual build sheets packaged in a hermetically sealed sleeve placed inside an archive portfolio, designed to manage and protect all original Challenger SRT Demon documents
- Available personalized satin stretch indoor custom car cover matches each owner’s paint scheme and has their chosen name embroidered on it for a U.S. MSRP of $695
- Available personalized Demon Crate, including all of the necessary performance parts to unleash the full potential 840 horsepower, available for a U.S. MSRP of $1
- Rear-seat Delete Package designed to retrofit Challenger SRT Demons ordered with rear seat option, available exclusively through Mopar
- Demon Street Tire Package for customers who want to keep their drag radials fresh for track use only, available exclusively through Mopar
- Available Demon-licensed parts include Speedlogix’s four-point harness bar and Racelogic’s new Demon exclusive VBOX Video HD2 data logger and in-car camera system
Dodge did their best to minimize dealer markup on the allocated 3,000 SRT Demons sold in the U.S. and the 300 units sold in Canada. Undoubtedly, a few people will try to flip the Demon for double what they’ve paid. If not now, then in a few years at one of those collector car auctions you see on TV.