Toyota is getting serious about racing and it shows with their new 2013 TS030 Hybrid World Endurance Championship (WEC) contender and their list of drivers. Alex Wurz, Nicolas Lapierre, Kazuki Nakajima, Anthony Davidson, Stéphane Sarrazin and Sébastien Buemi are confirmed drivers.
“The 2013 TS030 Hybrid uses a revised version of the Toyota Racing hybrid system first used in 2012. The super capacitor-based system delivers 300hp of boost automatically, on top of the 530hp generated by a 3.4 litre, normally-aspirated V8 petrol engine.
- Toyota Racing unveils 2013 TS030 Hybrid World Endurance Championship (WEC) contender
- Toyota Racing to run two cars throughout 2013 WEC season
- Alex Wurz, Nicolas Lapierre and Kazuki Nakajima to drive TS030 Hybrid #7
- Anthony Davidson confirmed to run in TS030 Hybrid #8 with Stéphane Sarrazin and Sébastien Buemi
- Improvements made to powertrain, chassis and aerodynamics for 2013 season.
- Season commences at Silverstone on 14 April” – – Toyota Media
Now, before you cast your doubts about the ability of the TS030 Hybrid, I would like to point out another vehicle that got a chuckle out of naysayers – the Audi R10 Diesel was not taken seriously by some racing fans in 2006… which was a mistake. Reliability, speed and efficiency helped the Audi R10 dominate.
Is it possible that the Toyota TS030 Hybrid could follow in the Audi R10’s massive tire treads?
Stay tuned, the Toyota TS030 debuts at Silverstone, on the 14 of April.
Speaking of V8 Toyotas, check out this video of the 2013 Lexus LS; a vehicle Roman dislikes and I love!
I love the fact that Toyota is coming back to La Mans – I hope Nissan has a better run too!