The next six months will be very exciting for Ford Mustang fans everywhere. First, the all-new sixth generation 2015 Ford Mustang is getting unveiled on December 5, 2013 (less than eight days from now). TFL will be there and you expect video and photo coverage from this historic event. The new Pony will make the Auto Show rounds leading up to its 50th birthday celebration on April 17, 2014.
How does the Mustang celebrate it’s 50th? This event is so big, that it warrants a simultaneous 5-day party in Las Vegas, NV and Charlotte, NC.
The celebrations will be held at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and the Charlotte Motor Speedway. The Mustang Club of America (MCA) is playing a big role in organizing the events. Here is the tentative schedule:
- Wednesday, April 16 – The first official day of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration will feature vendors and exhibits as pony drives and members arrive
- Thursday, April 17 – With April 17, 1964 acknowledged as the official birthday of Ford Mustang, Mustang Club of America will conduct opening ceremonies followed by a host of activities. Fans will enjoy a birthday celebration complete with cake and everyone singing “Happy Birthday.” Track time, Ford ride-and-drives, hot laps and other interactive activities are planned. Car displays, vendors and special exhibits will all be there to celebrate Mustang’s 50th
- Friday, April 18 – The event will be in full swing with track events such as road racing, drag racing and other interactive driving events. Car displays, vendors and special exhibits will be on hand. MCA will have a themed dinner with live entertainment
- Saturday, April 19 – Festivities will follow the same pattern as Friday. The evening will feature the Saturday Night Banquet, with guest speakers and entertainment
- Sunday, April 20 – Easter Sunrise Services will be offered at both tracks. There will be parade laps around both speedways, and other memorable activities and photo opportunities will fill the day. MCA will have closing ceremonies in the afternoon
The entire TFL team is very excited about this upcoming anniversary. The Mustang’s birthday party does overlap with the 2014 Easter Jeep Safari and 2014 New York Auto Show. It will be a very exciting and busy April. Stay tuned for more details.