The Nissan Note DIG-S has been heavily revised, both in style and with a brand-new engine. The Nissan Note DIG-S has a direct-injected, supercharged, three-cylinder engine powering the front wheels. This new powerplant produces 98PS (96.66 hp) and 147 Nm of torque (108.41 lbs ft.) It has a fuel efficiency figures of 65.7mpg.(54.7 mpg U.S.).
According to Nissan, the Nissan Note DIG-S has a:
- Low emissions and strong fuel economy from DIG-S engine
- Revised chassis settings for range topping model
- Factory fitted optional styling pack enhances Note’s dynamic design
- DIG-S range starts at £14,495 in Acenta trim
- The innovative and distinctive Nissan Note range has been boosted by the arrival in showrooms of the DIG-S. Powered by Nissan’s state-of-the-art supercharged petrol engine, DIG-S promises best in class efficiency and low running costs to match its bold design and smart technology.
Connected to the Nissan Note DIG-S’ power-plant is either a five-speed manual transmission or an optional XTronic continuously variable transmission (CVT).
“This advanced engine features a range of innovative features to ensure it not just meets but exceeds customer expectations. An offset crank pulley counterweight smoothes out the imbalances inherent in a three-cylinder engine while the adoption of the Miller Cycle combustion process allied to the advanced supercharger boosts efficiency.
The Miller Cycle, patented by American engineer Ralph Miller in the late 1950s, introduces a two-stage intake stroke (thus producing, in effect, a fifth stroke) by keeping the intake valve open for longer than in a conventional engine. Coupled with a higher compression ratio and with the supercharger boosting output at low engine speeds, the result is a more complete combustion phase.
Further enhancing efficiency, the supercharger has an electronic clutch which allows it to be disconnected from the engine when not required further reducing power losses through friction.” – – Nissan
There is no word from Nissan about sending the Nissan Note DIG-S, or a version of it to North America. Canada is getting the Nissan Micra with a similar power-plant, but there is no expectation from the United States to get that Nissan either.
We’ll keep an eye on this one.
Check out this video with the Nissan Micra, which has a similar engine as the Nissan Note GIG-S.