Things on the All-New Civic Type R That Made Us Go, Wow!
Honda flew Roman to Montreal and then let him drive the all-new 2017 Honda Civic Type R on a racetrack. While his actual review is embargoed for now, he can share with you his 5 most surprising discoveries. Among them:
- The Type R is NOT all-wheel drive. Apparently that’s not Civic-minded. Front-wheel drive, even with an engine that packs a smidgen more than 300 hp is the Civic way.
- The aerodynamics found on the vehicle is the stuff of racecars. It’s not just there for show people, the stuff actually works and that goes for the hood scoop as well.
- There are three exhaust pipes. Watch the video to find out why and let us know what you think.
- Roman-sized adults (6’1″) can sit in the rear seats! Yes, this 5-door hatch is practical.
- You’ll have to watch Roman’s video to find out what his number one surprise is. Hint: There’s only one option on this Civic.