Will a snow storm trip up the 2019 Volvo V60?
One of the best parts of our TFLcar Buddy Review of the 2019 Volvo V60 Momentum is the fact that snow is coming down – rapidly. This is exactly the same weather the good people at Volvo (in Sweden) are used to. This is exactly the condition we shot our “unfiltered” Buddy Review in.
The 2019 Volvo V60 Momentum (the base trim level) comes in at around $54,000. While that might seem steep for a small station wagon, you get a ton of excellence for the dough. Remember: this car competes against luxury wagons from around the world.
The 2019 Volvo V60 Momentum highlights:
- T6 powertrain. This consists of a 316-horsepower supercharged AND turbocharged 2-liter engine that makes 295 lbs-feet of torque. The only transmission available is a smooth eight-speed.
- All-wheel drive (AWD) comes standard and is one of the better ones we’ve driven in snow. It never put a tire wrong, even in slushy snow under hard acceleration.
- It has an immaculately set up interior with a tweed-like seating trim (Mike insists on referring to it by Volvo’s “City Weave” name) and leather highlights. There is seating for five; however, the rear seats can be tight for tall adults. The seats fold 60/40 and there is a ski pass-through in the center where the rear seat’s armrest resides.
- The styling looks like a baby V90, but with less polarizing lines. Everything from the “Thor’s hammer” headlight design to the crisp lines that flow upwards heading to the rear are a visual delight. Our champagne color was not the best on camera, but it’s still quite striking.
- The ride and handling were a mix of European-performance-firm with just enough give for an acceptable ride. It’s not as smooth as its big brother, the Volvo V90.
All in all, the overall impressions that Mike and Nathan had of the 2019 Volvo V60 Momentum was very positive, but the video reveals a lot more. Enjoy!